2 cups of freshly ground organic raw almonds or almond meal
½ cup of flax meal (best if freshly ground)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt (no need to add if using salted butter)
1 teaspoon of caraway seeds (if you do not like the taste of rye bread this is optional)
4 pastured eggs, whites and yolks separated
2 Tablespoons of raw honey
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
8 Tablespoons of melted grass fed butter
1) Put the butter in a small pan on medium to melt.
2) With a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form in a small bowl.
3) In a large mixing bowl, with a hand mixer, beat the almond meal, flax meal, baking soda, egg yolk, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt and caraway seeds.
4) Pour the melted butter in the large bowl and blend using a hand mixer.
3) Gently fold in the egg whites into the large bowl until well incorporated.
5) Grease a medium sized loaf pan with butter or coconut oil. Pour incorporated batter into loaf pan. Batter should be thick and sticky.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before gently removing from pan. It’s recommended that you use a spatula to loosen the bread from the sides of the pan before removing.