• 1/4 C Whole Psyllium Husks
• 1 C Water + 1/4 C As Needed
• 2 1/4 C Blanched Almond Flour
• 1 C Arrowroot Flour
• 1 1/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
• 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
• 2 Tbsp. Honey
• 2 Large Eggs
• 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Extra For Brushing On Buns
• 1/2 Tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together the psyllium husks and 1 C water. Set aside to thicken.
3. Whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot, salt, and baking soda.
4. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until they are frothy and pale in color, a few minutes.
5. Add the vinegar, olive oil, and honey to the eggs and beat until incorporated.
6. Add the psyllium husk mixture and the flour to the eggs and beat until well combined, scraping down the bowl as necessary. If you’re having trouble getting it all mixed together add up to 1/4 C water. The batter will be very thick and sticky.
7. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil.
8. Dip hands in arrowroot flour (you’ll probably need to dip your hands in the arrowroot flour each time to prevent sticking) and roll batter into 5 equal-sized balls and place onto baking sheet. Slightly flatten the buns with the palms of your hands if needed.
9. Brush the tops with about 1 tsp. olive oil on each bun and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
10. Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
11. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack to properly set up.