• 1 large head of cauliflower
• 1 tablespoon raw cream
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (optional)
• 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish (optional)
• 3 tablespoons unsalted real butter
Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces and place in steamer basket. Steam above the boiling water for about 20 minutes, or until well done. Drain well and put well done cauliflower in another bowl using a slotted spoon.
In the bowl with an immersion blender, a food processor, or a hand mixer, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream, Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth.
Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of real butter.
Hint: Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a whole new taste.
Like and Share with your family and friends!