• 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
• 1/2 large onion, chopped
• 8 cloves garlic, minced
• 12 oz mushrooms, chopped
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 lb ground pork
• 1/4 cups fresh basil, chopped
• 2 Tbsp dried oregano
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 5 oz tomato paste
• 28 oz crushed or diced tomatoes (best if you get these in glass jars)
• sea salt and black pepper to taste
• 6 large zucchini, sliced thin
• 2 cups white cheddar cheese (omit if on intro to GAPS)
1. Saute the onions and garlic and mushrooms in butter until softened in large pan
2. Add the beef and pork to the pan and brown until cooked through
3. Add in the basil, oregano, white wine, tomato paste and 28 oz diced tomatoes.
4. Slice the zucchini length-wise in thin strips (will be your “lasagna noodles”)
5. Make alternating layers of meat filling and zucchini strips starting with meat until all is used.
6. Layer shredded cheese on top if using.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until zucchini is softened and cheese is bubbling.
ADD Deep Green Leafy Veggies to boost the nutrition, picky eaters won’t even notice!