- 1 cup lentils
- 2 1/2 cups homemade beef or chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 medium eggplants, cubed
- 3 medium zucchini, halved & sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled, halved & sliced
- 6 roma tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 12 large cloves of garlic, cloves peeled & halved
- 2 tablespoons crushed rosemary ( or minced)
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine lentils through rosemary in a 3qt saucepan. Bring to a simmer, cover & cook on low 20 minutes.
- Put prepared vegetables on roasting pans (I need 3 of them – 1 for eggplant, 1 for tomatoes, zucchini & onions, 1 for peppers & garlic). Sprinkle evenly with crushed rosemary then drizzle with coconut oil, coating vegetables well.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Check for doneness – they should be browned lightly & softened. If not quite ready, leave them in until they are. When done, remove from oven & sprinkle lightly & evenly with kosher salt.