2-3 medium onions, very thinly sliced
3 tablespoons of heavy raw cream or coconut milk
2-3 tablespoons of coconut flour
1/2 cup coconut oil or tallow for frying (I use tallow)
Healthy Cream of Mushroom Sauce
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cream or coconut milk
1/3 of onion mix above
8-10 mushrooms, finely diced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
4-5 egg yolks
coconut milk or water to thin
5 cans of cut or french style green beans in a BPA-free can (can also use fresh or 2-3 bags of frozen, or 2-3 pounds of
fresh just heat first to remove extra liquid)
1. Thinly slice all the onions, separate, and put in medium bowl.
2. Add the two eggs and the heavy cream and mix well until evenly incorporated.
3. Add coconut flour and mix by hand until evenly coated (note:may use slightly more or less depending
on your brand of coconut flour.)
4. Put tallow in large skillet and turn on medium high heat.
5. When hot, add the coated onions and evenly brown, turning occasionally.
6. When browned, remove from heat and set aside.
7. In medium sauce pan, melt butter and saute mushrooms until starting to brown, then add cream or
8. Whisk in egg yolks and spices and about 1/3 of the onion topping mixture and continue stirring until
the yolks begin to cook and the mixture thickens.
9. Add extra milk or water if needed to thin (only a few tablespoons might be needed).
10. Drain green beans and pour into a 9×13 baking dish.
11. Pour the cream mixture over and mix well until incorporated.
12. Top with onion mixture and heat at 325 in oven until topping starts to crisp (but not burn!) and green
beans are heated.
(Adapted from Wellness Mama’s recipe)