Beef & Lentil Nacho Casserole
- 1 large sweet potato, shredded using a food processor (like hash browns)
- 1/3 cup lard or butter
- 1 lb grass-fed beef
- 2 cups cooked sprouted lentils (1 cup dry will make 2 cups cooked)
- 5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 12 oz pepper jack or Monterrey jack cheese (combo of both is also great!)
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Chopped tomatoes,salsa, sour cream, or avocado to serve
-Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt fat of choice in a large 9 x 13″ baking dish in the oven.
– Remove pan with melted fat in it and toss in shredded potatoes. Mix to thoroughly combine fat and potatoes. Sprinkle with sea salt.
-Place ground beef in a skillet over medium heat and brown, breaking it up as it cooks. When mostly cooked, stir in cooked lentils, cumin, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt to taste and remove from heat.
– Sprinkle beef-lentil mixture evenly over potatoes. –Top with as much cheese as desired and return to oven for approximately 10 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
-Remove from oven and top with sliced green onions. Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!